Why choose between cinnamon rolls and donuts when you can have the best of both with these Cinnamon Roll Donuts? A brilliant and tasty twist to your favorite canned cinnamon rolls!
We all have those Saturday mornings when we wake up craving donuts, but are too lazy to leave the house to go get them, right? “No, not you? Just us?!” Haha!
Well, I have a brilliant solution to this Saturday morning situation with these quick and easy cinnamon roll donuts. All you need is a can of your favorite cinnamon rolls, canola or vegetable oil and about 20 minutes to have warm, fresh-fried, cinnamon studded, cream cheese glazed donuts ready to enjoy in the comfort of your own home without having to change out of your pajamas.
There is absolutely no shame in my semi-homemade game with these canned cinnamon roll donuts. They’re so unbelievably delicious and easy, we want to make and eat them every chance we get.
All you need to do is open the can of cinnamon rolls and cut a hole in the center of each one while the oil is heating up…
Fry the rings and the holes for a few minutes on each side until golden brown all over…
Dip them in the melted cream cheese icing that comes in the cinnamon roll can to glaze…
And Ta-Da…CINNAMON ROLL DONUTS!
Crisp on the outside, soft and cinnamon-y on the inside, with the perfect amount of cream cheese glaze.
You’re welcome…you’re welcome very much!
I hope you find them as fun to make and yummy to eat as we do! Enjoy!
- 5-8 count can of large cinnamon rolls, with cream cheese icing
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Pour oil into a large round pan (about 10 inches wide and 4 inches deep) to at least 2 inches deep and heat over medium heat for about five minutes or until oil temperature reaches 350°F.
- Meanwhile, lay cinnamon rolls out onto a cutting board. Using a small round cookie cutter, cut the center out of each cinnamon roll. Drop dough rings and holes into hot oil, watching carefully and turning when golden, about 1-2 minutes per side. Once donuts are golden on both sides, remove to a rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat until all rings and holes are cooked.
- Scoop cream cheese icing into a round microwave-safe bowl. Heat for about 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle once whisked with a whisk. Dip the tops of each donut and donut hole into the melted icing and let excess drip back into the bowl. Turn glazed donuts back onto the rack, glazed side up. Serve warm.