Why choose between cinnamon rolls and donuts when you can have the best of both with these Cinnamon Roll Donuts? A brilliant and tasty twist to your favorite canned cinnamon rolls!
- 5–8 count can of large cinnamon rolls, with cream cheese icing
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Pour oil into a large round pan (about 10 inches wide and 4 inches deep) to at least 2 inches deep and heat over medium heat for about five minutes or until oil temperature reaches 350°F.
- Meanwhile, lay cinnamon rolls out onto a cutting board. Using a small round cookie cutter, cut the center out of each cinnamon roll. Drop dough rings and holes into hot oil, watching carefully and turning when golden, about 1-2 minutes per side. Once donuts are golden on both sides, remove to a rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat until all rings and holes are cooked.
- Scoop cream cheese icing into a round microwave-safe bowl. Heat for about 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle once whisked with a whisk. Dip the tops of each donut and donut hole into the melted icing and let excess drip back into the bowl. Turn glazed donuts back onto the rack, glazed side up. Serve warm.