This egg, sausage and cheese breakfast bake is so easy to make and is perfect for feeding a hungry crowd on the weekends.
What’s better than a big breakfast with family and/or friends on the weekend?! Nothing. There’s just something about a breakfast spread that’s so comforting and craveable.
When it comes to a big breakfast, I like to serve a variety of dishes so you get something savory, something sweet and of course, something somewhat healthy to eat. My go-to menu for a big breakfast is usually…cinnamon rolls, fruit salad and an egg casserole or quiche. Simple & scrumptious.
This egg, sausage and cheese breakfast bake is the best! It’s impossibly easy, you can prep it ahead of time, and everyone loves it!
It tastes just like a fluffy omelet that’s cheesy and loaded with sausage, peppers and onion. It’s got such great flavor going on in every bite. We’ll occasionally add a dash of hot sauce just to kick it up a notch, but it’s certainly not necessary.
You just prep the sausage and the eggs separately and then combine them in the baking dish to bake until fluffy yet firm.
Whether it’s brunch with friends or just a lazy Saturday morning with the family, this breakfast bake is nothing short of great!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish or pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the oil along with the diced onion and peppers. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and cook until browned. Drain of any liquid and pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until thick and pale yellow. Whisk in the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir in the cottage cheese, melted butter and shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture and stir to combine. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm in the center. Slice into squares to serve.