Incredibly moist and flavorful Banana Pudding Pound Cake that you’ll go bananas for, literally!
I’ve gone bananas and there’s no going back, my friends! This cake is pure banana bliss!
I’m a southern girl and I was raised on banana pudding and pound cake, so this banana pudding pound cake was destined to happen one of these great days! It turned out just as I had dreamed it, if not better! It’s so moist and literally bursting with bananas!
I have such yummy memories of my mom’s out of this world banana pudding and her to die for sour cream pound cake for Sunday supper and special occasions growing up. She’ll be proud of this one, that’s for sure! And I can’t wait to bake it and take it to our next family get-together!
Super simple with sweet results! The pudding mix adds moistness and that incredible banana pudding flavor while the mashed and sliced bananas add melt in your mouth texture and even more marvelous moisture!
It’s the BEST, y’all! I promise it will be love at first bite for you and your loved ones, just like it was for me and mine!
Incredibly moist and flavorful pound cake that you’ll go bananas for, literally!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package banana cream instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 thinly sliced bananas
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a round tube pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, slowly beat in the milk and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, one cup at a time, until just combined. Stir in the mashed and sliced bananas until evenly distributed.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Add more powdered sugar if too thin or more milk if too thick.
- Transfer cake to a cake stand or serving platter and drizzle with icing. Garnish with more banana slices, if desired.