Incredibly moist and flavorful pound cake that you’ll go bananas for, literally!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package banana cream instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 thinly sliced bananas
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a round tube pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, slowly beat in the milk and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, one cup at a time, until just combined. Stir in the mashed and sliced bananas until evenly distributed.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Add more powdered sugar if too thin or more milk if too thick.
- Transfer cake to a cake stand or serving platter and drizzle with icing. Garnish with more banana slices, if desired.