A healthy thin crust pizza recipe that’s made with 100% whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt and a hint of honey.
Almost every time I ask Baker what he wants for dinner, his answer is pizza! I can’t blame the kid, I could eat pizza every night for dinner too! Pizza is perfect in so many ways because you can make it a million different ways. From the thickness of the crust to your choice of toppings, the options are endless.
Brandon makes the best pizza, but his dough takes days to rise and special Italian flour to create the perfect crust. So the other day when Baker requested pizza for dinner, I decided to create a healthier crust that I could quickly make and would be easy for the boys to eat and enjoy.
We were all so pleased with how tasty these individual whole wheat Greek yogurt pizza crusts baked up.
Crisp around the edges with a slight bubble throughout and a soft chew in every bite.
Cutting the dough into small rounds makes them perfect for pizza night so everyone can top their own. Yummy fun!
Healthy & everyone’s happy! What more could you ask for?!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 envelope (2-1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2-1/2 cups Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Toppings of your choice!
- In a small bowl, stir together the yeast, sugar and warm water. Let proof 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture, honey and yogurt. Stir together with a wooden spoon and then knead with your hands until a smooth ball forms, about 2-4 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with a towel for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Once dough has rested, roll out to ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 6-inch round circles. Gather remaining dough and roll out again to cut out additional circles. You should have 6 rounds.
- Place dough rounds on lightly greased baking sheets and top each one with a tablespoon of pizza sauce, a sprinkle of cheese, pepperoni and more cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is crisp around the edges and cheese is bubbly and browned on top. Serve as an individual pizza or cut into 4 slices each and serve to a crowd.