Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pizza Crust is a healthy thin crust pizza recipe that’s made with 100% whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt and a hint of honey.
- 1 envelope (2-1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2–1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Toppings of your choice!
- In a small bowl, stir together the yeast, sugar and warm water. Let proof 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture, honey and yogurt. Stir together with a wooden spoon and then knead with your hands until a smooth ball forms, about 2-4 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with a towel for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Once dough has rested, roll out to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 6-inch round circles. Gather remaining dough and roll out again to cut out additional circles. You should have 6 rounds.
- Place dough rounds on lightly greased baking sheets and top each one with a tablespoon of pizza sauce, a sprinkle of cheese, pepperoni and more cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is crisp around the edges and cheese is bubbly and browned on top. Serve as an individual pizza or cut into 4 slices each and serve to a crowd.