Just 3 ingredients and a quick bake in the oven is all it takes to make this super moist and delicious pumpkin chocolate chip snack cake.
I very very rarely use a cake mix, but when I used one last year to quickly make the cake for my Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls with just a cake mix and a can of pumpkin, it turned out so great and was so darn easy that I just had to keep making the cake for a yummy snack that literally takes minutes to stir together.
I’m sure this method of baking a cake with just a cake mix and can of pumpkin is not new to most of you, but you’d be surprised how many people ask for the recipe for this simple snack cake and are absolutely amazed when I tell them that it just takes a cake mix, a can of pure pumpkin and a cup of chocolate chips. It tastes so delicious, it’s hard to believe it’s not made from scratch.
You could certainly leave out the chocolate chips, but why would you?! Pumpkin and chocolate go so great together. One of my favorite combos!
Sometimes I’ll bake this recipe into muffins or cupcakes by filling each cup in a 12-cup muffin pan almost full with batter and baking them for about 20 minutes. But most often, I’ll just bake it into this simple snack cake and we’ll just slice squares off as we want them. It doesn’t last long though. Yummy yum!
- 1 box spiced or pumpkin spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips until well distributed. Spread into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, rotating baking dish halfway through baking time. Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.