Fresh peaches are baked into these chewy oat bars for a perfect snack on a fun summer afternoon!
Peaches are still perfect and plentiful so I’m taking full advantage of the season and baking with them as much as possible. I’m dreading the day when a huge pile of peaches no longer greets me as I walk into the market. Peaches just make me smile, especially when they are baking in my oven. There’s just something about that baked peach smell and taste that is so comforting and delicious.
These yummy bars came about one morning when I added some fresh peaches and a dash of cinnamon to my oatmeal for breakfast. I immediately became fixated with idea of baking something with peaches and oatmeal. I’m in love with this combination! Well, a few batches of peach oatmeal cookies later, I decided that bars might be the better route to go. The cookies just spread out too thin and were weighted down by all the oats and peaches. They tasted amazing, just didn’t look so amazing! So I mixed up another batch of dough and pressed it into a baking dish instead. That did it! They turned out just like I had wanted them to. Peach perfection!
They have the perfect amount of sugar to bring out the sweetness of the peaches and the texture of the oatmeal makes them irresistible! They would be great alongside a cup of coffee for a morning treat or an afternoon snack.
Let me show you how sweet and simple they are to bake!
Cut into bars and enjoy! You’ll be grinning from ear to ear!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1-1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups peeled & chopped fresh peaches (about 2 large)
- 1 large peach, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in chopped peaches.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Arrange peach slices evenly on top of batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 30 minutes until bars are browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in the refrigerator.