Fresh peaches are baked into these chewy oat bars for a perfect snack on a fun summer afternoon!
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups peeled & chopped fresh peaches (about 2 large)
- 1 large peach, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in chopped peaches.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Arrange peach slices evenly on top of batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 30 minutes until bars are browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in the refrigerator.