Awesome and addicting, this easy to make cookies and creme popcorn will quickly become a sweet treat fave!
I love popcorn! I grew up in a family that popped popcorn several nights a week as a snack or sometimes we even called it dinner! Oops, Mom! Did you not want your nutrition students to hear that?! 😉 haha! I always tease her when she eats popcorn for dinner because she used to teach nutrition and I’m guessing she never encouraged her students to eat popcorn for dinner. But ya now what, popcorn for dinner every once in a while, certainly won’t kill you! And I’m alive to prove it! 😉
Well, when I first tried candy coated popcorn, I about died from the deliciousness! Sweet popcorn?! Sign me up! I couldn’t stop snacking on it and have been obsessed with creating new flavors of it ever since.
This cookies and creme popcorn creation ranks up there with one of my absolute favorites!
Salty popcorn coated in sweet vanilla candy and sprinkled with cookies & creme bits as well as chunks of crunchy Oreo cookies. A crazy good combo that’s so sweet and super snackable.
I’ve made this for movie night, girl’s night, baby showers, road trips and game day. You name the occasion, it’s always a hit!
I love how easy popcorn mixes like this are to make. You just pop some popcorn, coat it in the candy coating and sprinkle it with all the cookie goodness. When I first spotted the cookies and creme sprinkles at Jo-Ann’s, this popcorn mix was the first thing I thought to sprinkle them on. They stick to the popcorn perfectly and add the best texture and taste while the big chunks of Oreos provide that great cookie crunch throughout. Yummy yum yum!
It’s amazing, y’all! Enjoy!
- 2 (3 ounce) bags microwave popcorn
- 1 (10 ounce) bag vanilla candy melts
- 1 (5 ounce) container Wilton cookies & creme sprinkles
- 20 crushed Oreo cookies
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Pour into a large bowl and pick out any unpopped kernels.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions and pour over popped popcorn. Gently stir popcorn until it's completely coated.
- Spread popcorn in an even layer on foil or parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with cookies & creme sprinkles and then the crushed Oreos. Let set until candy coating is dry, about 20 minutes. Break into clumps and serve or store in a resealable bag or airtight container.