Valentine’s Day is all about love and sweets and these White Chocolate Macadamia Reddies were love at first bite for me. We’re talking a chewy sugar cookie bar that’s filled with sweet white chocolate and crunchy macadamia nuts to create one irresistible sweet treat. I had a “crush” on these bars as I was making them and that quickly turned to “true love” the second I took my first bite. I will certainly be baking up another batch for Valentine’s Day in a few weeks!
For the recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!Print
The BakerMama bakes chewy sugar cookie bars that are filled with sweet white chocolate and crunchy macadamia nuts to create one irresistible sweet treat. It will be love at first bite!
- 1–1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1–1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1–1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1(.25 fluid ounce) vial red food coloring
- 1–1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour until just combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, put several drops of the red food coloring into the batter. Gradually add more food coloring until you get the red that you desire. I put an entire vial of food coloring along with about 6 drops of blue food coloring to make a crimson colored bar. Feel free to use any combination of food colorings.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool, and cut into squares.