Chewy White Chocolate Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies that taste just like eating blueberry pie, but so much better!
Oh, how we love blueberries around this house! Blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins, blueberries on our cereal, blueberries in our salads, blueberries in our snack cups. We always have a carton of fresh blueberries in the fridge, cleaned and ready to eat. In fact, Baker-man has been known to take down an entire carton of blueberries in one sitting. The boy just shoves them into his mouth like someone is about to steal them from him. It’s crazy, but it’s fruit, so I can’t complain.
Baker was having some buddies over to play and I asked him what he wanted to have as a snack with his friends. He immediately said “cookies”. No surprise! I then asked him what kind of cookies and with a huge smile on his face he said “blueberry cookies”! I thought he was kidding at first because you just don’t see fresh blueberries in cookies very often, but he was dead serious because before I knew it, he was getting the blueberries out of the fridge. I had some white chocolate chips and oatmeal on hand so White Chocolate Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies it was.
And what a treat these cookies turned out to be! It’s like eating blueberry pie, but so much better! The blueberries just melt into these chewy cookies that are loaded with hearty oats and sweet white chocolate. They were the perfect treat for a house full of busy boys (and their mamas) on a cold afternoon. Baker-man gets full credit for this one!
Easy & delish! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from bettycrocker.comPrint
Blueberries and white chocolate are baked into chewy oatmeal cookies that taste just like eating blueberry pie, but so much better!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1–1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until blended. Add the vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in white chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before moving to wire racks to cool completely.