Creamy whipped ricotta served with fresh veggies and toasted bread for dipping is one of our favorite appetizers for a dinner party or date night in.
If you’ve never had whipped ricotta, you’re so missing out on the magic. By simply beating ricotta, you transform it from a slightly firm, granular texture to light, airy and super creamy. It’s simply amazing!
This is one of our go-to appetizers for a dinner party because it’s so easy to make and everyone goes crazy over it. People just can’t believe that all it is is fresh ricotta whipped for a few minutes then seasoned and topped with lemon, salt and olive oil.
It’s seriously one of those appetizers that you just can’t stop dipping into.
So get ready to impress with this whipped ricotta board experience. It’s simple, swoon-worthy and oh so scrumptious!
- 1 (16 ounce) container whole-milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, divided (zest from a large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (juice from half a large lemon)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- olive oil, for drizzling
- toasted baguette slices, for serving
- fresh raw vegetables, for serving
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the wire whisk, whip the ricotta on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until light and airy. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ¾ tablespoon lemon zest and ½ teaspoon kosher salt to the whipped ricotta and whip again for another minute.
- Transfer whipped ricotta to a serving platter and finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of salt and the remaining lemon zest. Serve with toasted baguette slices and fresh vegetables for dipping.