Creamy whipped ricotta served with fresh veggies and toasted bread for dipping makes this Whipped Ricotta Board one of our favorite appetizers for a dinner party or date night in.
- 1 (16 ounce) container whole-milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, divided (zest from a large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (juice from half a large lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- olive oil, for drizzling
- toasted baguette slices, for serving
- fresh raw vegetables, for serving
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the wire whisk, whip the ricotta on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until light and airy. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3/4 tablespoon lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the whipped ricotta and whip again for another minute.
- Transfer whipped ricotta to a serving platter and finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of salt and the remaining lemon zest. Serve with toasted baguette slices and fresh vegetables for dipping.