Stuffed Peach Bread French Toast is homemade Peach Ice Cream Bread stuffed with cream cheese and caramelized peaches to create some serious French toast goodness!
Remember that incredible Peach Ice Cream Bread I shared with you a few days ago?
Well, hopefully you’ve had a chance to bake a loaf (or two) by now and I won’t be surprised if you’ve already eaten it all because I know all too well how hard it is to resist. It’s just too tasty! But if you happen to have some leftover slices, then you are going to thank me over and over again for sharing this indulgent stuffed French toast recipe with you. I might venture to say it is the best French toast I have ever eaten! All the peaches and cream flavors just explode in your mouth and have you digging in for more and more.
My sweet friend, Meredith, was over the morning I decided to make this yummy French toast and I don’t think we uttered a word until our plates were clean. The smiles on our faces said it all! We were in French toast heaven!
I loved it so much that I immediately baked another loaf of Peach Ice Cream Bread so that I could use it to make French toast for guests that were coming to town last weekend. No surprise, everyone loved it!
I probably don’t need to introduce you to French toast, but this stuffed French toast is something special and certainly deserves it’s own introduction! What’s not to love about slices of sweet peachy bread that’s spread with whipped cream cheese and stuffed with juicy caramelized peaches then coated in a simple cinnamon-spiced egg wash and pan-fried to perfection before being drizzled with warm maple syrup?! I could go on and on, but how about I just show you how you can have this deliciousness in your mouth any morning of the week?
Serve warm with maple syrup, whipped cream and more peaches!
Homemade Peach Ice Cream Bread is stuffed with cream cheese and caramelized peaches to create some serious French toast goodness!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6–8 slices Peach Ice Cream Bread
- 1/2 cup plain whipped cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- maple syrup
- whipped cream
- additional fresh peach slices, for garnishing
- In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the brown sugar and stir about 30 seconds. Add the peaches and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer peaches and sauce to a bowl.
- Preheat over to 200°F. Place all of the bread on a cutting. Spread each slice with some cream cheese. Using a fork, divide the peaches evenly among half of the bread slices. Keep sauce from peaches to pour over French toast. Place another slice, cream cheese side down, onto the peaches and press gently.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and cinnamon. Working one at a time, soak the sandwiches in the egg mixture for a few minutes on each side.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter in a large skillet (or the skillet you used to caramelize the peaches). Fry the sandwich over medium high heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches.
- Serve warm with leftover caramelized peach sauce, maple syrup, whipped cream and more peaches!