Homemade Peach Ice Cream Bread is stuffed with cream cheese and caramelized peaches to create some serious French toast goodness!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6–8 slices Peach Ice Cream Bread
- 1/2 cup plain whipped cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- maple syrup
- whipped cream
- additional fresh peach slices, for garnishing
- In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the brown sugar and stir about 30 seconds. Add the peaches and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer peaches and sauce to a bowl.
- Preheat over to 200°F. Place all of the bread on a cutting. Spread each slice with some cream cheese. Using a fork, divide the peaches evenly among half of the bread slices. Keep sauce from peaches to pour over French toast. Place another slice, cream cheese side down, onto the peaches and press gently.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and cinnamon. Working one at a time, soak the sandwiches in the egg mixture for a few minutes on each side.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter in a large skillet (or the skillet you used to caramelize the peaches). Fry the sandwich over medium high heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches.
- Serve warm with leftover caramelized peach sauce, maple syrup, whipped cream and more peaches!