A fun and festive way to easily serve all the flavors of pumpkin pie without having to bake and slice a pie!
I don’t know about you all, but “Pumpkin Palooza” is still in full swing here at our house! We just can’t get enough pumpkin! I’ve probably gone through 30 cans of pumpkin in the past few weeks baking up muffins, granola bars, brownies, cornbread, pinwheels, and this amazing pumpkin pie dip!
I’m always thinking of different and delicious desserts to serve around the holidays! Everyone loves a good pumpkin pie, but serving up slices of pie at a mingling party or family celebration just sounded boring this year! So, I put a new spin on it by making a creamy pumpkin dip that tastes just like the filling of a good pumpkin pie and instead of molding the pie crust into a pie pan, I rolled it out and cut it into thin pumpkin shapes and baked them until crisp!
Wholla…Pumpkin Pie Chips & Dip!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1-3/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce can) pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in the butter until a crumbly mixture forms. Add the water and toss with a fork until well combined. Use your hands to knead the dough into a ball. Roll the dough to ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into pumpkin shapes and transfer each pumpkin to a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with dough scraps until all dough has been used.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until pie chips are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely on baking sheets.
- While the pie chips are baking, prepare the dip. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until well combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Serve pumpkin dip with pie chips!