It’s all about the peanut butter in these rich and chewy Peanut Butter Brownies that are easy to bake and go great with a big glass of milk or scoop of ice cream!
I have to confess that when I make sweet treats with peanut butter in them I almost always combine it with chocolate. Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven that’s for sure, but I think it’s time we let peanut butter take the stage alone in all its deliciousness.
These peanut butter brownies give peanut butter it’s chance to shine and boy does it! No chocolate needed, just pure peanut butter bliss. Of course, you could stir in some chocolate chips, frost them with chocolate or top one with a little chocolate ice cream if you can’t resist the combo, but they’re perfect as is.
They’re so simple and are sure to become a favorite. One mixing bowl is all you need and just 30 minutes in the oven to pure peanut butter perfection. I use peanut butter extract in them, but if you can’t find it on the baking aisle of your grocery store or supermarket, you can certainly use vanilla extract and the peanut butter flavor still comes through.
These brownies are one of my go-to desserts for a weeknight treat or a last minute get-together with friends. They get rave reviews and I get tons of requests for the recipe.
Grab your favorite peanut butter and get to baking. Simple yet so scrumptious!
It’s all about the peanut butter in these rich and chewy brownies that are easy to bake and go great with a big glass of milk or scoop of ice cream!
- 3/4 cup (1–1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter or vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish or pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwavable mixing bowl, melt the butter. Immediately whisk in the peanut butter until mixture is smooth. Stir in both sugars and then the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Add the extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and gently stir until well incorporated.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.