Kids and grown-ups alike will love this PB&J Snack Board that offers classic peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with an amazing selection of snacks to go with them. It’s an easy, fun and delicious way to serve a snack or meal.
PB&J sandwiches make for the best snacks or quick lunches. We always have bread, peanut butter and jelly on hand so when we need something easy, that I know everyone will love, we make PB&J sandwiches. Each of us prefers our PB&J sandwich a little different and we each have our favorite accompaniments that we like to go with it. So instead of short order asking each person what they want, I created this PB&J Snack Board that satisfies us all.
One of our kids likes peanut butter and grape jelly. Another likes peanut butter and strawberry jelly on theirs. Two of them love peanut butter and banana sandwiches, like their mama & dada. I also like to sneak a few apple slices and a drizzle of honey in my sandwich. And sometimes we all put a few potato chips or pretzels inside our PB&J sandwiches for that salty crunch that compliments the soft sweetness of the sandwich so well. Mmmm…mmmm!
We’re a peanut loving family so when my friends at the Texas Peanut Producers Board asked me to share some peanut loving inspiration, I knew I had to share this PB&J Snack Board that we enjoy so much. I make this board for us as a snack on a lazy Sunday afternoon or for lunch in the summer when it’s the only thing that will get the kids out of the pool to eat. It’s always a huge hit and it’s easily made with ingredients that we almost always have on hand.
Peanut butter sandwiches are great by themselves, but what you eat with them is just as magical. This board has an amazing selection of snacks that all compliment the peanut butter sandwiches so well. I know some people only eat potato chips with their PB&J sandwiches and maybe even a glass of milk for the most classic of combinations. I love my PB&J sandwiches with pretzels, apple slices and an extra scoop of peanut butter on the side to dip my apples in.
On one side of the PB&J sandwiches, I put healthy options like apple slices and celery with a small bowl of peanut butter to spread on them as well as some grapes, cheese crackers and potato chips.
Since this board is made for sharing and snacking, I had to include our favorite Peanut Lovers’ Snack Mix on it. We keep a jar of this snack mix on hand at all times. It’s such a treat that satisfies all our snack cravings from sweet to salty and crunchy to chewy. It’s a simple mix of pretzels, peanuts, chocolate candies, dried cranberries and peanut butter morsels. See below for the recipe. It’s oh so snackable!
Other nibbles I put on the right side of the board are popcorn, Ritz crackers, mini peanut butter-filled cracker sandwiches and more grapes. And sometimes, if we have PayDay Candy Bars and in-shell peanuts in the pantry, I’ll add them to the board for extra peanut enjoyment!
I could go on and on about how much we enjoy this board! If you have a PB&J loving crew, like I do, it’s a must make! I hope you get a chance to enjoy it with your loved ones soon. It makes eating PB&J sandwiches all the more amazing!
I hope you love re-creating it and enjoy its yumminess with your loved ones! If you do make this PB&J Snack Board, be sure to tag me @thebakermama and @texaspeanuts so we can see! I love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the ideas I share.
- 3-4 PB&J sandwiches, cut into fourths
- 1 cup Peanut Lovers Snack Mix (see recipe below)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 bunch red grapes
- 1 bunch green grapes
- 1 apple, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, each cut into thirds
- 1 cup potato chips
- 1 cup cheese crackers
- 1 cup mini peanut butter-filled cracker sandwiches
- 12 Ritz crackers
- 1 cup popcorn
- 4 Payday candy bars
- ½ cup in-shell peanuts
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ½ cup honey roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup peanut M&M’s
- ¼ cup Reese’s Pieces
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup peanut butter morsels
- ¼ cup mini chocolate peanut butter cups
- Use a 14”-16” round wood board or any board or serving tray you have handy and that will fit the amount of food you need to feed the number of people you’re planning to serve.
- Start by making the peanut butter sandwiches. I usually make one with peanut butter and grape jelly, one with peanut butter and strawberry jelly, and one with peanut butter and sliced banana. Cut each sandwich into fourths.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the Peanut Lovers’ Snack Mix. Place 1 cup of the snack mix in a small serving bowl on the board.
- Place the peanut butter in a mini serving bowl on the board. Place the honey in a small bowl or jar for easily drizzling onto the sandwiches or fruit.
- Arrange the peanut butter sandwich quarters down the middle of the board. Place the grape bunches on opposite sides of the board.
- Put the apple slices and celery next to the bowl of peanut butter on the board. Arrange the cheese crackers, potato chips, mini peanut butter-filled cracker sandwiches, Ritz crackers and popcorn in various open spots on the board. Place a few Payday candy bars at the top and a few at the bottom of the board. Scatter the in-shell peanuts in various spots on the board. Serve and enjoy!