Bake decadent little chocolate molten cakes with a melting chocolate center every time!
If this decadence doesn’t make you drool and dream for a jar of your own, there just might be something wrong with you! 😉
Okay, one more time…
I know, I’m so mean, aren’t I?! 😉
I don’t feel that bad because these ooeey gooey chocolate molten cakes have to be one of the absolute easiest desserts you’ll ever make. In fact, you probably have all of the ingredients on hand and could be digging a spoon into your own little jar of amazingness in about 30 minutes…
I’m obsessed with these little chocolate cakes and had so much fun baking them in the Gold Medal Flour kitchens for a how-to video that I’m thrilled to get to share with you! Check it out!
Pretty simple and sweet, aren’t they?! For the video, I baked the cakes in little ramekins and inverted them onto small plates, but I also love baking them in these little jars that are fun and easy to serve…
A few simple steps will get you an amazing cake with a melting chocolate center every time.
This is one of those desserts that you can quickly prepare before dinner and wait to bake right before you are ready to eat dessert so they are nice and warm and gooey.
These are a go-to dessert for me when we’re hosting a dinner party! Every time I serve them, our guests are blown away and say that they feel like they’re eating at a fancy restaurant right here in our cozy little home.
Anyone could make these cute little cakes and everyone will love them! I hope you and your loved ones enjoy them as much we do!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 8 (4-ounce) or 6 (6-ounce) jars/ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate in 30 seconds intervals until melted, about 2 minutes, whisking at each interval. Add sugars and whisk until well combined. Whisk in heavy cream and vanilla. Add the flour and whisk until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a hand-held mixer on high speed until pale yellow and airy, about 5 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture until well blended. The batter will be thin and bubbly.
- Pour batter into prepared jars/ramekins, filling each one almost full. Bake for 13-14 minutes until cakes are set around the edges, but soft in the centers. Let stand a few minutes before serving right out of the jars or inverting ramekins onto plates.
- Notes: Batter can be made the day ahead and the jars can be placed in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake and serve. They’re best served warm right out of the oven, but they reheat nicely in the microwave.