Bake decadent little Molten Chocolate Cakes with a melting chocolate center every time!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 8 (4-ounce) or 6 (6-ounce) jars/ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate in 30 seconds intervals until melted, about 2 minutes, whisking at each interval. Add sugars and whisk until well combined. Whisk in heavy cream and vanilla. Add the flour and whisk until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a hand-held mixer on high speed until pale yellow and airy, about 5 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture until well blended. The batter will be thin and bubbly.
- Pour batter into prepared jars/ramekins, filling each one almost full. Bake for 13-14 minutes until cakes are set around the edges, but soft in the centers. Let stand a few minutes before serving right out of the jars or inverting ramekins onto plates.
- Notes: Batter can be made the day ahead and the jars can be placed in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake and serve. They’re best served warm right out of the oven, but they reheat nicely in the microwave.