Crispy bite-sized loaded potato skins that are perfect for game day or a party appetizer.
I can’t believe we’re already four weekends into football season. It always flies by way too fast.
As much as we love going to all the home games, it’s always nice when there’s an away game and we get to stay home and make a huge spread of game day greats to munch on during all the games throughout the day. I’m already planning our menu for the next weekend we’ll be home and these mini potato skins are a shoe in.
They’re easy to make and always go over so great! Everyone loves that they’re bite-sized so they can easily grab one and pop it in their mouth without having to get a plate or stack of napkins to support it.
It all starts with some mini or small white potatoes…
You’ll bake the potatoes first, cut them in half, hollow them out and bake just the skins again to make them super crispy. Then you’ll top them with cheese and bacon and give them a quick broil so the cheese is good and melted. Yum on yum on yum!
A little sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions and that’s all there is to it with these tasty little potato skins.
Serve them up and watch how quickly they disappear. Everyone loves them and can never stop at just one!
So next time you’re looking for a great appetizer or easy-to-eat game day grub, these mini potato skins are the recipe to make. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make these tasty mini potato skins by leaving a comment below. And I love seeing pics when y’all make my recipes, so be sure to tag #thebakermama on Instagram if you post a pic! 🙂
- 12 mini or small white potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash the potatoes and rub them evenly with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Remove potatoes from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Turn the oven to 450°F.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and use a small spoon to gently scoop out the insides, leaving about ⅛-inch potato on the skin walls. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Brush all over each potato skin with the olive oil mixture, inside and out.
- Place the potato skins face down on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes over on the skin side and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the insides of the potato skins evenly with the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Transfer the potato skins to a serving dish and top each one with a small dollop of sour cream and a few green onion slices. Serve & enjoy!