Irish cream and salty pistachios are baked into fudgy frosted brownies for an out of this world brownie experience!
St. Patrick’s Day is next week and I’ve got the perfect treat for you to bake to celebrate!
These decadent brownies are spiked with Irish cream in both the fudgy brownie and the rich creamy frosting. Pistachios add an addictive crunch and salty compliment to all that sweetness.
They rank up there with some of the best brownies we’ve ever eaten and I can’t wait to bake them again this weekend for our St. Patrick’s Day party and all throughout the year!
So make your friends feel lucky by sharing these incredible brownies with them and get ready for lots of compliments and hugs because they’re gonna love every boozy bite!
Let me show you how they’re made!
First you’ll stir together the brownie batter and spread it evenly into a parchment-lined baking dish…
Then you’ll bake the brownies for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean…
While the brownies are cooling completely, you’ll beat together the frosting and then once the brownies are cooled, you’ll frost them and sprinkle them with some more chopped pistachios…
Then you’ll remove them from the baking dish and cut them into squares…
As far as me and my friends are concerned, these qualify as the absolute perfect party treat! What’s not to love about rich chocolatey spiked brownies?!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Enjoy!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1-1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon high-quality ground coffee
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips until completely melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until well combined. Stir in the Irish cream liqueur.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, ground coffee, salt, and baking soda. Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in 1 cup chopped pistachios.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let brownies cool completely in the baking dish on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter and powdered sugar on low speed until just combined. Add the Irish cream liqueur and vanilla and beat on high speed until smooth, thick and spreadable.
- Once brownies are cooled, spread evenly with frosting and sprinkle with ½ cup chopped pistachios.