Irish cream & salty pistachios are baked into fudgy frosted brownies for an out of this world brownie experience with these Irish Cream Pistachio Brownies!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon high-quality ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips until completely melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until well combined. Stir in the Irish cream liqueur.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, ground coffee, salt, and baking soda. Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in 1 cup chopped pistachios.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let brownies cool completely in the baking dish on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter and powdered sugar on low speed until just combined. Add the Irish cream liqueur and vanilla and beat on high speed until smooth, thick and spreadable.
- Once brownies are cooled, spread evenly with frosting and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped pistachios.