Garlic and thyme make this simple turkey gravy extra flavorful and the perfect accompaniment to your Thanksgiving feast!
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away. You better believe I’m counting down the days until we get to cook and feast the day away. I love Thanksgiving!
Gravy is a given on the Thanksgiving menu, but it’s always the last thing we throw together just as we’re setting out the spread, so it needs to be quick and easy. This super simple gravy can be made in just 15 minutes and brings so much flavor to the feast.
Whether it’s a big turkey, a small tenderloin, some mashed potatoes or a soft dinner roll, this gravy goes great with it all! Super simple and so full of flavor.
Happy cooking and feasting! Enjoy!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups turkey stock or chicken broth
- ¼ cup turkey drippings (optional)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black better.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the flour and immediately start slowly whisking in the turkey stock and the turkey drippings (if you have some). Bring to a simmer and continue to whisk until the gravy starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Whisk in the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Serve alongside poultry, potatoes, vegetables, breads, and more.