Melt in your mouth cinnamon sugar pecan sweetie rolls drizzled in a simple sweet glaze. An easy make-ahead breakfast for any occasion!
Growing up, I have such fond memories of my mom making these sweetie rolls for so many special occasions. And all this time I thought she had spent all morning making such a delicious breakfast concoction. I had no idea she actually just spent about 10 minutes the night before prepping it and putting it in the oven to rise overnight and then all she had to do was turn the oven on the next morning and let it bake to ooey gooey amazingness.
Such an easy recipe that has made so many special occasions even sweeter over the years. From Christmas morning to graduation morning to the church potluck to just a lazy Saturday morning with the family, these sweetie rolls beyond satisfy.
Like I said, prepping the sweetie rolls takes place the night before and all it takes is 10 minutes. Frozen dinner rolls are rolled in melted butter then cinnamon sugar and placed in a bundt pan with chopped pecans to rise overnight in a cool oven.
The next morning, the rolls will have risen up to the top of the pan.
All you have to do from there is set the oven to 325°F and let the rolls bake for about 25-30 minutes. Just enough time to brew the coffee, cut up some fruit, scramble a few eggs and maybe even fry up some bacon.
Or you could just eat these sweetie rolls all by their scrumptious selves.
Oh and don’t forget about the glaze. It brings it all together.
There’s just something so perfect about a simple powdered sugar glaze generously drizzled over soft cinnamon sugar coated sweet rolls.
Each and every bite tastes like the decadent deliciousness of the middle of a cinnamon roll! Love at first bite…
This recipe is so easy and so delicious, it’s a must bake! I guarantee everyone will love it, they’ll go crazy over it, they’ll be begging you to make it over and over again.
- 1 (3 pound) package frozen yeast dinner rolls (I use Rhodes rolls/36 rolls per package)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Do this the night before: Melt butter in a small bowl. Whisk together sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip frozen rolls in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar mixture. Arrange half of the rolls in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with ½ cup chopped pecans (if desired). Repeat process with remaining rolls and pecans.
- Place bundt pan on a rimmed baking sheet in a cool oven to rise overnight.
- The next morning: Rolls should have risen to the top of the bundt pan. Set oven to 325°F and let rolls bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cover the pan loosely with foil if they start to brown too quickly.
- Let cool in the pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a large serving plate.
- To make the glaze: Place the powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl and whisk in 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until of drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over the rolls and serve.
Recipe by Maegan Brown/Photography by Madison Mentesana