Everyone loves this easy dish of green peppers stuffed with chicken, white beans, brown rice, quinoa, green enchilada sauce and cheese. A filling and flavorful meal-in-one!
I’m so in love with these stuffed peppers that I want to scream it from the rooftop! I always thought stuffed peppers were just okay until I created this recipe. These stuffed peppers with a mexi-twist are so freaking delicious I want to make them every night of the week! Mmmm-azing!
A protein-packed mixture of shredded rotisserie chicken, white beans, brown rice, quinoa, green enchilada sauce and cheese is stuffed inside standing green peppers that are then covered in more cheese before heading into the oven…
The peppers become perfectly tender while still holding up to the hearty filling and the cheese gets all melty and golden brown. An easy meal-in-one the whole family will enjoy!
I can promise the first time you make these cheesy white chicken chili stuffed peppers won’t be your last. You’ll be squeezing this recipe into your weekly meal plan every chance you get. Easy and everyone loves them! Enjoy!
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 rotisserie chicken, white meat only (about 2 cups shredded white meat chicken)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, drained
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package Seeds of Change microwave quinoa and brown rice (or 2 cups cooked quinoa and/or brown rice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a medium-sized cast-iron skillet (or baking dish that will fit all 6 peppers cozily) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers cut side up to where they are snug in the baking dish.
- Remove and shred white meat from rotisserie chicken. Microwave rice according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, drained white beans, quinoa/brown rice packet, green enchilada sauce, 1 cup monterey jack cheese and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon chicken mixture into green peppers, filling each one almost full. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese evenly over the chicken mixture in each pepper. Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese on top starts to turn golden brown in spots. Remove from oven and sprinkle a little chopped cilantro over the peppers before serving.
Products Used To Make This Recipe: