Everyone loves these Easy Cheesy White Chicken Chili Stuffed Peppers. Green peppers stuffed with chicken, white beans, brown rice, quinoa, green enchilada sauce and cheese. A filling and flavorful meal-in-one!
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 rotisserie chicken, white meat only (about 2 cups shredded white meat chicken)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, drained
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package Seeds of Change microwave quinoa and brown rice (or 2 cups cooked quinoa and/or brown rice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a medium-sized cast-iron skillet (or baking dish that will fit all 6 peppers cozily) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers cut side up to where they are snug in the baking dish.
- Remove and shred white meat from rotisserie chicken. Microwave rice according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, drained white beans, quinoa/brown rice packet, green enchilada sauce, 1 cup monterey jack cheese and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon chicken mixture into green peppers, filling each one almost full. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese evenly over the chicken mixture in each pepper. Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese on top starts to turn golden brown in spots. Remove from oven and sprinkle a little chopped cilantro over the peppers before serving.