Ad – This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine.
These Cosmic Cupcakes are easy to make, fun to eat and out of this world delicious!
Space Exploration Day is on July 20th and we’re ready to celebrate with these cute cosmic cupcakes that have a sweet surprise inside! My space-obsessed kids and I had so much fun making these tasty cupcakes as we talked all about the planets, the sun, the moon and the stars. We’ve got some big dreamers on our hands who hope to one day step foot on each of those planets and have a dance party with the aliens! 😉
Y’all know how much I love being in the kitchen with my kids so when Pillsbury™ reached out to see if the kids and I would be interested in participating in their Operation Celebration campaign, I eagerly accepted. The campaign is inspiring families to get in the kitchen and celebrate the little moments in life. Bonding over baking something that’s easy, fun and delicious…this family is in!
As part of the campaign, Pillsbury emails a newsletter each month featuring festive treats and delicious recipes to inspire you and your family to get in the kitchen and have fun making tasty memories together. This month’s theme is in celebration of Space Exploration Day and the Pillsbury Doughboy surprised us with a box of galaxy goodies with the challenge to create a space-themed treat while learning about space and most importantly…having fun as a family in the kitchen! And that we did…
Baking with a Pillsbury cake mix and their new Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag made it possible for the kids to lead the way. From cracking the eggs to filling the cupcake liners to piping on the frosting to sprinkling on ALL the sprinkles, the boys and even Brookie took so much pride in preparing these Cosmic Cupcakes.
I could go on and on about the new Pillsbury Filled Pasty Bags. Such a quick and easy way to frost cupcakes without having to worry about filling a pastry bag with the proper tip and then the frosting. It’s all ready to go with just the pull of a piece of plastic. The frosting comes out perfectly and tastes great! What more could you ask for when you’re looking for convenient ways to create tasty treats with minimal time and effort?
When I told the kids we could fill the cupcakes with sprinkles, they were so excited – you would have thought they were about to take off in a spaceship to outer space. I love how the simplest of surprises brings them so much joy! 🙂
So we baked the Funfetti® cupcakes with even more sprinkles stirred into the batter, filled the cupcakes with sprinkles, frosted them in a matter of minutes with the filled pastry bag and covered the frosting with even more sprinkles. These cupcakes are truly cosmic and we had soooo much fun making them!
I passionately encourage you to get in the kitchen with your kids and bake up memories that will last a lifetime. Let Pillsbury inspire you in the months to come by signing up for Pillsbury Operation Celebration. Each month you will receive an email with a new theme featuring festive treats, recipes and inspiration to help you mix up something tasty with your family. I hope you and your crew join in on the fun! Be sure to tag @PillsburyBaking #DoughboySurprise and @TheBakerMama so we can see your creative creations!
Have lots of fun and yum!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Premium Cake and Cupcake Mix, plus additional ingredients to prepare cake mix according to box instructions
- 24 cupcake liners
- 1 box Pillsbury filled pastry bag, vanilla flavored
- 1-1/3 cups galaxy themed sprinkle mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcakes liners to make 24 cupcakes, set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and 3 eggs. Once cake batter is smooth, stir in ⅓ cup of the galaxy themed sprinkle mix.
- Use a large scoop to fill each cupcake liner halfway full with batter. Bake for 17-19 minutes or until cupcakes start to turn golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cupcakes are cool, use a knife or cupcake corer to cut a small well in the center of each cupcake. Fill each well with sprinkles.
- Tear off the tip of the plastic bag on the end of the filled pastry bag. Gently squeeze the frosting until it starts to come out of the tip. Frost each cupcake. Sprinkle the frosted cupcakes generously with remaining sprinkles.