These Cosmic Cupcakes are easy to make, fun to eat and out of this world delicious!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Premium Cake and Cupcake Mix, plus additional ingredients to prepare cake mix according to box instructions
- 24 cupcake liners
- 1 box Pillsbury filled pastry bag, vanilla flavored
- 1–1/3 cups galaxy themed sprinkle mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcakes liners to make 24 cupcakes, set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and 3 eggs. Once cake batter is smooth, stir in 1/3 cup of the galaxy themed sprinkle mix.
- Use a large scoop to fill each cupcake liner halfway full with batter. Bake for 17-19 minutes or until cupcakes start to turn golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cupcakes are cool, use a knife or cupcake corer to cut a small well in the center of each cupcake. Fill each well with sprinkles.
- Tear off the tip of the plastic bag on the end of the filled pastry bag. Gently squeeze the frosting until it starts to come out of the tip. Frost each cupcake. Sprinkle the frosted cupcakes generously with remaining sprinkles.