Chocolate-dipped graham cracker ice cream sandwiches are so easy to make and fun to eat. The perfect summertime treat!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The BakerMama possible.
We’re in full summertime mode here at our house and it’s been so much fun! The days are long, but full of activities that we’ve all be looking forward to since last summer. Sleeping in, swimming all day, movies each night and ice cream almost every day.
These chocolate-dipped graham cracker ice cream sandwiches are a favorite that we all enjoy making and eating, especially in the summer. We keep them individually wrapped and stocked in the freezer so we can enjoy them anytime we’re craving a cooling treat.
These ice cream sandwiches are easily made with graham crackers and Open Nature® Scandal-Less Light Ice Cream for a “better-for-you” treat to beat the summer heat!
We’ve been enjoying Scandal-Less Light Ice Creams ever since our local Tom Thumb launched these exclusive light ice creams. They’re lower in calories/fat and higher in protein than regular ice cream and have between 240-370 calories per pint. So great for guilt-free indulging, especially for me since I like to enjoy ice cream almost every day.
The way the graham crackers freeze to the creamy ice cream is perfect because they stay slightly crunchy to where you can bite into the ice cream sandwich without the whole thing crumbling apart in your hands. And the dark chocolate dip and sprinkles are optional for these simple ice cream sandwiches, but it’s summertime after all, so let’s live a little!
Seriously so easy to make and the kids love to help! You can switch it up with different ice cream flavors and sprinkled toppings to make everyone happy. They’re a great summer activity that doubles as a yummy dessert.
We love using the Scandal-Less Vanilla or Cookies & Cream to make these graham cracker ice cream sandwiches, but our local Tom Thumb has several other Scandal-Less Light Ice Cream flavors like Sea Salt Caramel, Cookie Dough, Mocha Chip and Peanut Butter Cup. A flavor for everyone!
I appreciate that these light ice creams have no artificial colors or flavors and a clean ingredient line-up.
I shop for Open Nature Scandal-Less Light Ice Cream at my local Tom Thumb, but you can find these exclusive products at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway. Visit tomthumb.com to find a store near you and to discover more recipe ideas.
And if you shop online, you can save $1.00 with your purchase of participating O Organics and Open Nature ice cream products Details: Add 1 participating item to your cart and enter Promo Code: ICECREAM at checkout. Limit 1 code per transaction. Order must be delivered by 8/06/19.
I hope y’all enjoy making and eating these chocolate-dipped graham cracker ice cream sandwiches as much as we do! Here’s to a great summer!
- 1 (1 pint) container Open Nature® Scandal-Less Vanilla Flavored Light Ice Cream
- 1 (1 pint) container Open Nature® Scandal-Less Cookies & Cream Light Ice Cream
- 16 whole graham crackers, halved in squares
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles or cookie crumbles, optional
- Let the ice cream pints sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Put 8 graham cracker halves onto each baking pan. Work with one baking pan at a time. Top each graham cracker square with a ¼ cup scoop of ice cream. Place another graham cracker square on top of the ice cream scoop, pressing down gently. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat with the remaining 8 graham cracker squares on the other baking pan.
- Place the dark chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 20 second intervals at medium heat, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- Remove one baking pan of frozen ice cream sandwiches from the freezer at a time. Working quickly, dip each sandwich half-way into the melted chocolate and place back on the baking pan. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate-dipped half of the ice cream sandwich with sprinkles or cookie crumbles, if desired. Place back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so the chocolate is set and ice cream sandwiches are completely frozen.
- Wrap each ice cream sandwich individually in plastic wrap or foil. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.