Chocolate-Dipped Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches are so easy to make and fun to eat. The perfect summertime treat!
We’re in full summertime mode here at our house and it’s been so much fun! The days are long, but full of activities that we’ve all be looking forward to since last summer. Sleeping in, swimming all day, movies each night and ice cream almost every day.
These chocolate-dipped graham cracker ice cream sandwiches are a favorite that we all enjoy making and eating, especially in the summer. We keep them individually wrapped and stocked in the freezer so we can enjoy them anytime we’re craving a cooling treat.
These ice cream sandwiches are easily made with graham crackers and ice cream for a special treat to beat the summer heat!
The way the graham crackers freeze to the creamy ice cream is perfect because they stay slightly crunchy to where you can bite into the ice cream sandwich without the whole thing crumbling apart in your hands. And the dark chocolate dip and sprinkles are optional for these simple ice cream sandwiches, but it’s summertime after all, so let’s live a little!
Seriously so easy to make and the kids love to help! You can switch it up with different ice cream flavors and sprinkled toppings to make everyone happy. They’re a great summer activity that doubles as a yummy dessert.
I hope y’all enjoy making and eating these Chocolate-Dipped Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches as much as we do! Here’s to a great summer!
Chocolate-Dipped Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 16 ice cream sandwiches 1x
- Category: Dessert
Chocolate-dipped graham cracker ice cream sandwiches are so easy to make and fun to eat. The perfect summertime treat!
- 2 (1 pint) containers your favorite ice creams
- 16 whole graham crackers, halved in squares
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles or cookie crumbles, optional
- Let the ice cream pints sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Put 8 graham cracker halves onto each baking pan. Work with one baking pan at a time. Top each graham cracker square with a 1/4 cup scoop of ice cream. Place another graham cracker square on top of the ice cream scoop, pressing down gently. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat with the remaining 8 graham cracker squares on the other baking pan.
- Place the dark chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 20 second intervals at medium heat, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- Remove one baking pan of frozen ice cream sandwiches from the freezer at a time. Working quickly, dip each sandwich half-way into the melted chocolate and place back on the baking pan. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate-dipped half of the ice cream sandwich with sprinkles or cookie crumbles, if desired. Place back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so the chocolate is set and ice cream sandwiches are completely frozen.
- Wrap each ice cream sandwich individually in plastic wrap or foil. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Thank you for sharing 😊 I used Lite cool whip instead of ice cream and it was delicious!
Hi, Kristine! That sounds really yummy, too. I’m glad you enjoyed!
My son’s favourite ! Printing dear ! Thank you so much !
Yay! I hope he enjoys! 🙂