Chocolate-dipped graham cracker ice cream sandwiches are so easy to make and fun to eat. The perfect summertime treat!
- 2 (1 pint) containers your favorite ice creams
- 16 whole graham crackers, halved in squares
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles or cookie crumbles, optional
- Let the ice cream pints sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Put 8 graham cracker halves onto each baking pan. Work with one baking pan at a time. Top each graham cracker square with a 1/4 cup scoop of ice cream. Place another graham cracker square on top of the ice cream scoop, pressing down gently. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat with the remaining 8 graham cracker squares on the other baking pan.
- Place the dark chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 20 second intervals at medium heat, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- Remove one baking pan of frozen ice cream sandwiches from the freezer at a time. Working quickly, dip each sandwich half-way into the melted chocolate and place back on the baking pan. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate-dipped half of the ice cream sandwich with sprinkles or cookie crumbles, if desired. Place back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so the chocolate is set and ice cream sandwiches are completely frozen.
- Wrap each ice cream sandwich individually in plastic wrap or foil. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.