3 simple ingredients to create a fabulous peach cobbler that anyone could make and everyone will love!
Peach season is quickly approaching and I’m so excited! I love peaches!
Peaches are usually at their peak in July & August, but here in Texas they’re already making their debut and they’re delicious! Expensive, but delicious! I couldn’t help but buy a big bag of them the other day so I could start eating and creating yummy recipes with them. I’ll have a whole fridge and freezer full come July so I best be ready!
My parents plant a peach tree each time a new grandchild is born so they’ve got five now and the peaches are plentiful! So sweet of them and super sweet for us! Also, my great uncle buys a few bushels each summer from a peach farm in Oklahoma that he always shares with us. And, of course, I’m a sucker for peach stands so anytime I spot one, I have to stop and stock up! So by the end of the summer, we’ve got a ton of frozen peaches to bake with and make smoothies with all year round!
I wanted to come up with a simple peach dessert that anyone could make and everyone will love, and this 3-ingredient Peaches & Cream Cobbler turned out too good to be true! So so yummy!
Believe it or not, three ingredients (peaches, ice cream & self-rising flour) are all it takes to create this tasty cobbler. I love using vanilla ice cream as the liquid when baking because it adds sweetness and moisture and gives the goodies the most delicious vanilla cream flavor.
So all you do is melt some of the ice cream with the peaches and the rest with the self-rising flour. Then you layer them together and bake to peachy perfection!
Warm sweet peaches are surrounded by a crisp and chewy biscuit-like crust with vanilla creaminess all throughout. Top it with some more ice cream while it’s still warm and you’ve got yourself an easy delicious comforting classic.
So if you’ve got plenty of peaches or you’re just looking for a great summertime dessert, this cobbler couldn’t be easier and is so delish!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 3 cups peeled & sliced peaches (about 4 large peaches)
- 2-1/2 cups homestyle vanilla ice cream, divided
- 2 cups Gold Medal® self-rising flour
- sugar & more ice cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté the peaches with ½ cup ice cream for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 2 cups ice cream in a microwave-safe bowl on medium power for about 90 seconds. Place the flour in a medium bowl then stir in the melted ice cream until just combined.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter into the bottom of a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Cover evenly with the peaches and cream mixture. Dollop the remaining batter over the top of the peaches. Sprinkle with a little sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and crisp. Serve warm by itself, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with a sprinkling of sugar.