Super fudgy brownies loaded with winning players like caramel, pecans and pretzels. They’re always a gameday winner!
Football season is here and it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Every Saturday from now until the end of the year, we will be at the stadium or glued to the TV cheering on our favorite college team! It’s all about football, friends, family and food!
Yesterday was the first game of the season and despite the 100+ degree weather in Oklahoma, we were there to cheer on our team! It was the first game for the babies and they LOVED it!
We’re as serious about our football as we are about our brownies and no gameday tailgate would be complete without some serious brownies!
These brownies are sure to be a winner with your entire gameday crowd! They’re super fudgy and loaded with awesome players like caramel, pecans, and crunchy pretzels! If you’re a fan of the sweet and salty combo, then these brownies are for you! I knew they wouldn’t last long at our pregame get-together and I was right! No brownie was left behind as we headed to the big game!
Everybody’s a winner when these brownies are around so let me show you how easy they are to bake!
Here are all the players…
Once you have the batter all mixed together, you’ll spread it evenly into the prepared baking dish…
Once baked, you’ll place the brownies on a wire rack and spread caramel sauce evenly over them…
And then place pretzels evenly over caramel and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cups of chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups caramel bits, divided
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (12-15 ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 35-40 mini pretzels (football shaped if desired), for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in 30 seconds intervals until completely melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the sugar then the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour and salt and stir until just combined. Stir in 1 cup caramel bits, 1 cup crushed pretzels, 1 cup chocolate chips and ½ cup chopped pecans. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack and spread caramel sauce evenly over hot brownies. Place pretzels evenly over caramel and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cups of chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans.
- Place brownies in the refrigerator for at least an hour and the caramel will set. Otherwise, serve warm or at room temperature for a gooey caramel topping. Lift brownies out of dish with parchment paper. Cut into squares.