The few minutes it takes to caramelize the bananas takes this banana peanut butter toast to the next level of deliciousness. A great way to start the day!
I’ve had a standing breakfast date with banana peanut butter toast with a drizzle of honey for years. I could make it in my sleep. I wake up craving it. It’s a delicious reason to get up and going in the morning. So simple yet so scrumptious!
A few months ago, I decided to give my breakfast toast a little upgrade and WOW! Just the few extra minutes it takes to caramelize the banana slices takes this toast to the next level of deliciousness.
No extra sugars or ingredients needed to get that crackly, candy-like glaze on the outside of each banana slice. Pan searing the bananas brings out the natural sugars making the bananas sweet and warm and wonderful…
Spread some creamy peanut butter on a slice of toasted whole wheat bread…
Top with the caramelized banana slices…
Drizzle with a little honey and sprinkle with some chopped roasted peanuts…
And you’ve got one of the tastiest toasts you’ll ever put in your mouth…
Seriously so simple. All the textures from the toasted bread to the warm crackly bananas and all the fabulous flavors from the saltiness of the peanut butter and roasted peanuts to the sweetness of the bananas and drizzle of honey make this toast something special. A great way to start the day!
I hope you love waking up to this toast as much as I do! Enjoy!
- 1 large banana
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted lightly salted peanuts
- Slice banana into coins. Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place banana slices in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown on each side, flipping the banana slices with a fork.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread with peanut butter. Top with a layer of caramelized bananas, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts. Enjoy!