The few minutes it takes to caramelize the bananas takes this Caramelized Banana Peanut Butter Toast to the next level of deliciousness. A great way to start the day!
- 1 large banana
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted lightly salted peanuts
- Slice banana into coins. Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place banana slices in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown on each side, flipping the banana slices with a fork.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread with peanut butter. Top with a layer of caramelized bananas, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts. Enjoy!