Just 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes is all it takes to get this flourless brownie batter in the oven and baking to fudgy, crackly-topped brownie perfection!
Happy Friday, y’all! Let’s celebrate with brownies!
All I know is come 8pm tonight, once my kiddos are snuggled in their beds, I’ll be pouring a glass of wine and settling in with it and the biggest square I can cut out of a pan of these freshly baked warm FLOURLESS brownies. Can you hear my “Ahhhhh” all the way from where you are?! 😉
It’s been a busy week with the boys on Spring Break. We decided to stay put this year with no plans but to just have fun! We’ve taken our time getting up and going in the mornings, but once we did, we went non-stop until the sun went down. From one park to the next, from one play date to the next, from one Chick-fil-A to the next, from one movie night in to the next… It’s certainly been a week full of fun, but whew, this mama is tired. I need a brownie…
They’re the real deal. You’d never believe they’re made with just 5 ingredients and none of which are flour.
They’re super fudgy in the middle with the most perfect crackly crust on top. Seriously, if you follow the instructions, they turn out perfect every single time.
That’s what I love about simple recipes. They’re actually hard to screw up.
Just look at the texture going on in these brownies. You’d never believe they’re gluten-free!
It was about time I created a good brownie recipe that I can bake for my gluten-free friends and this one literally WOWs! them. I always hate it when I have friends over or take dessert to a party and forget that someone eats gluten-free and they can’t have dessert because all I brought was a big glutenous cake or a platter of gluten-filled cookies. I feel so bad as I eat dessert in front of them, so now I make a point to at least bring something gluten-free for those friends to enjoy.
I already have my amazing Flourless Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and now I have this incredible flourless brownie recipe. Both are such easy recipes and they get rave reviews from everyone, whether they eat gluten-free or not.
Here’s to the weekend and flourless brownies that are the bomb diggity, no doubt.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish or pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Remove from microwave. Whisk in the sugar then the eggs one at a time until batter is smooth. Add the cocoa powder and stir until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan.
Recipe by Maegan Brown/Photography by Madison Mentesana