Chewy Flourless Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies you would never believe were made with no flour. Yummy yum!
I’ve been craving oatmeal like crazy these last few months of pregnancy. Whether it’s in a bowl as a healthy breakfast or baked into cookies for a sweet treat, I want all the oatmeal. It’s comforting, filling and delicious!
I was in the mood to bake cookies one afternoon, but wanted to see if I could pull them off without flour for once. Since I use flour in most of my baked goodies, I thought it would be good to have a great cookie recipe that I can bake or share with others that can only eat gluten-free.
I was certainly skeptical on how they would taste and hold together, but the first try turned out pretty great! I honestly couldn’t believe I hadn’t put any flour in them. We (okay, mostly me) gobbled that first batch up pretty quickly, so I baked them again with a few adjustments to the sweetness and overall flavor.
And they turned out perfect! I might even venture to say they might be one of my new favorite cookies. I can’t get enough of them! They’re chewy, chocolaty, and have the most delicious flavor and texture from the peanut butter, oats and walnuts. I’m in love!
And lucky us, I got to bake them again to share with y’all here on the blog. They’re so easy you can have these warm chocolate chip oatmeal cookies ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
I used Ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips in these cookies and would highly recommend them. They have such a rich chocolate flavor and they stay smooth and melty well after the cookies have cooled.
Watch to Learn More!
I hope you get a chance to bake and enjoy these yummy Flourless Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies soon. They’re amazing! When you make them, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see! I just love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the recipes I share.
You’d never believe these chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are baked with no flour. Yummy yum!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (be sure they are gluten-free oats if you want the cookies to be gluten-free)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the oats and baking soda and mix on low speed until just combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 ounce cookie scoop, drop two-tablespoon sized portions of dough a few inches apart onto lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Slightly flatten the top of each scoop of dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Products used to make this recipe:
(may include affiliate links)