It’s all in the name for these White Chocolate Dried Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies, literally! Chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with sweet coconut, dried blueberries and white chocolate chips. So amazing!
I’ve been trying to switch up the boys snacks lately in an effort to get them to try new foods that are still yummy but also somewhat healthy. No, these deliciously sweet cookies are not the new healthy snacks I’m talking about, but the dried blueberries within them are. I found them on the dried fruit and nut aisle in Trader Joe’s and we’re loving them. Baker is in a “no-blueberries in or on anything” stage, but he’ll eat these so there’s still hope that his love for fresh blueberries will return someday (he used to eat a whole pint in one sitting). But in the meantime, I’d rather him snack on dried fruits than no fruits at all.
So like I said, I’ve been buying and trying all the dried and freeze-dried fruits they have for easy on-the-go snacks for the boys, but I’ve also been baking them into granola, granola bars and now cookies!
I love baking with fresh blueberries, but sometimes they’re a little too plump and juicy for the texture I’m aiming for or not sweet enough, especially when I’m baking them into cookies. The dried blueberries still give the cookies that sweet blueberry taste without overwhelming or interfering with the other great ingredients.
And when you combine blueberries with white chocolate, coconut and oatmeal…oh la la! These cookies are fantastic! The combination of flavors and textures are so perfect.
This is a cookie recipe you can (and will!) want to bake year-round. So perfect for the heat of summer along with a glass of iced tea or lemonade, but would also make for a great cookie to take to the holiday cookie exchange.
They’re love at first bite…
I know you’re going to enjoy these cookies as much as we do! Happy baking!
It’s all in the name for these cookies, literally! Chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with sweet coconut, dried blueberries and white chocolate chips. So amazing!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until blended. Add the vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in coconut, white chocolate chips and dried blueberries.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before moving to wire racks to cool completely.