Snickerdoodle Streusel Scones with an irresistible cinnamon sugar streusel that are so tender and tasty you’ll want to eat one every morning.
My love for scones grows greater every time I eat one… a good one, that is! There’s a science to baking perfect scones, ya know?! But the science is simple and once you’ve got it down, you’re golden!
I was on a mission about a year ago to become scone savvy and I’m so happy that I can now bake perfect scones here at home rather than relying on a fancy bakery to satisfy my love. It’s the little things, y’all!
These snickerdoodle scones baked with an irresistible cinnamon sugar streusel turned out so amazing! They’re tender in the middle and crisp around the edges with added deliciousness from a sweet cinnamon sugar streusel. Mmmm-AZING!
They’re simple to bake, but you’ll want to make sure you follow these key steps to insure a perfectly tender and tasty scone…
- The butter has to be cold and it has to be cut into the flour mixture so there are still little bits of butter throughout the dough.
- Brushing the scones with an egg wash helps crisp the outside while giving the scone a beautiful golden glaze.
- Bake them on the top shelf of the oven until good and golden brown.
Get it? Got it? Now, go bake ‘em! 😉
I’m smitten with these scones and can’t wait to bake them again and again for breakfast, brunches, and afternoon snacks.
Snickerdoodle Streusel Scones
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Scones
Snickerdoodle scones with an irresistible cinnamon sugar streusel that are so tender and tasty you’ll want to eat one every morning.
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg plus 1 teaspoon heavy cream, for brushing scones
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Cut the cold butter into small slices. Add the butter to the flour mixture and cut in with a pastry blender or two knives moving in opposite directions until a crumbly mixture forms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 large egg and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Add to bowl with flour/butter mixture and continue to cut in with a pastry blender or two knives until the cream/egg mixture is just starting to incorporate. Use your hands to combine the dough into a ball.
- Place dough on a floured surface and shape into a 1-inch thick round disk. Cut the disk like a pizza into 8 even slices. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, placing a few inches apart.
- In a small bowl, whisk together another egg with 1 teaspoon heavy cream. Brush each scone generously with the egg wash.
- In a medium bowl, melt 2 tablespoons butter until just barely melted. Using a fork, stir in the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until well combined. Top each scone generously with the streusel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until scones and streusel are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I’ve never tried making scones…I want to become scone savvy like you! 😉 Where better to start than with this recipe 🙂 Looks incredible!
I am all about the streusel! Love these!