Snickerdoodle scones with an irresistible cinnamon sugar streusel that are so tender and tasty you’ll want to eat one every morning.
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg plus 1 teaspoon heavy cream, for brushing scones
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Cut the cold butter into small slices. Add the butter to the flour mixture and cut in with a pastry blender or two knives moving in opposite directions until a crumbly mixture forms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 large egg and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Add to bowl with flour/butter mixture and continue to cut in with a pastry blender or two knives until the cream/egg mixture is just starting to incorporate. Use your hands to combine the dough into a ball.
- Place dough on a floured surface and shape into a 1-inch thick round disk. Cut the disk like a pizza into 8 even slices. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, placing a few inches apart.
- In a small bowl, whisk together another egg with 1 teaspoon heavy cream. Brush each scone generously with the egg wash.
- In a medium bowl, melt 2 tablespoons butter until just barely melted. Using a fork, stir in the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until well combined. Top each scone generously with the streusel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until scones and streusel are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.