Snickerdoodles and sweet peaches come together in this easy and delicious peach cobbler that you’ll want to bake all summer long!
Happy Father’s Day! I hope you have a special day planned celebrating the fathers and fatherly figures in your life.
The kids and I are so excited to celebrate Brandon today, starting with a big homemade breakfast followed by lots of play time in the pool. He’s the best of the best! Baker, Bryce, Barrett and Brooklynn are so lucky to call him Dada and I couldn’t do this gift of parenthood without him. He makes me want to be a better mom by how much he loves and cares for them. I fall in love with him more and more every day experiencing his amazingness as a Dad. We celebrate him today and every day!
And since we can’t be with my Dad today, we’ll give him a Facetime call and wish him a Happy Father’s Day! I’m so so thankful for my Dad. His unconditional love, support and encouragement has molded me into the person I am today. He taught me to work hard, to never give up, to respect others, to have fun, to enjoy good food, and to be myself. So much love and respect for him.
As amazing of a Dad as he is, he’s an even better Pop to our kids. Seeing how happy he makes them and how much joy they bring to him makes my heart want to burst with happiness. He pours so much love and energy into them and it means the world to us.
One thing my Dad started when my sister and I started having kids was to plant a peach tree for each one of them. Well, 6 grandchildren later and he’s planted 6 peach trees in a little row on their land. I love this tradition so much! We all enjoy watching the trees grow and bloom each season, and with 6 trees my parents and any of us who are visiting are out there picking peaches all summer long. It’s so fun and special!
Here we are welcoming Brookie’s peach tree to the row…
They’re Saturn Peaches, also called donut peaches (which if you know me, you know how much I love this!;) because of their flattened circular shape. They’re white peaches and they’re slightly sweeter than yellow peaches. They’re small which make them so great for snacking on. So so yummy!
My parents came down last weekend and brought us a huge bag of fresh picked peaches, mostly from Baker’s tree! 🙂 We snacked away on them all week and then I took several and made a yummy peach cobbler with them.
Not just any peach cobbler, though! I used snickerdoodle cookie dough instead of a biscuit or dumpling dough and OH MY YUM!!! Y’all, this peach cobbler is nothing short of amazing!
Sweet juicy peaches are baked on a snickerdoodle cookie crust with dollops of snickerdoodle cookie goodness all over the top. This cobbler will fill your home with the most comforting cinnamon-y peach aroma that will have everyone gathered in the kitchen eagerly waiting to dig in.
It tastes just like you’d expect, except even better! 😉 Slightly crisp chewy snickerdoodle cookie and warm sweet peach in every bite. Topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and all your peach cobbler dreams come true.
Any peaches will work in this recipe, but if you can find saturn peaches, you should try them. They’re our favorite! And when peaches are not in season, you could substitute them with apples or pears. A comforting cobbler you can and will want to bake year-round.
So take full advantage of peach season and make this easy and delicious snickerdoodle peach cobbler. Snickerdoodles + peaches = yum yum, y’all!
- 4 cups sliced fresh peaches (with skin on or peeled)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray an 8-inch (2 quart) baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Peaches: In a medium bowl, add the sliced peaches, ¼ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Stir to coat peaches completely and let set while you prepare the snickerdoodle dough.
- Snickerdoodle Dough: In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the melted butter, beaten egg and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Press half the snickerdoodle dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the sliced peaches and any juices over the top of the snickerdoodle layer. Dollop the remaining snickerdoodle dough over the top of the peaches.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon with a fork. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over the top of the cobbler.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cooled with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.