With these Salted Caramel German Chocolate Brownies I took chewy chocolaty brownies to a whole new level by covering them with a rich salted caramel coconut pecan topping! AMAZING!
One of my absolute favorite cakes is German Chocolate. The rich combo of chocolate, pecans and coconut is amazing and right up my alley!
As much as I love good chocolate cake, I love brownies even more. So I decided to raise my love for chewy chocolaty brownies to a whole new level by topping them with the coconut-pecan amazingness you’d find layered in a German Chocolate Cake.
And you may want to sit down for this one! I kicked the classic German Chocolate filling up a notch by making it a caramel coconut-pecan topping and then sprinkled it all over with a little salt for an out of this world sweet & salty brownie experience!
Salted Caramel German Chocolate Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Dessert
I took chewy chocolaty brownies to a whole new level by covering them with a rich salted caramel coconut pecan topping! AMAZING!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1–1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/4 cups Gold Medal ® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12.25 ounce) jar caramel topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1–1/2 cups shredded coconut
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring between each interval. Let cool for a few minutes before whisking in the sugars until well combined.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Then whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and stir until just combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before adding the topping.
- For the topping, stir together the caramel, pecans and coconut in a medium bowl. Spread evenly over the brownies, then sprinkle all over with a little sea salt. Let set in the baking dish until the brownies are completely cooled. Cut into squares.
I’ll take an extra large bowl of the topping and a spoon, please! YUM!
You had me at salted caramel, love these!!