I took chewy chocolaty brownies to a whole new level by covering them with a rich salted caramel coconut pecan topping! AMAZING!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1–1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/4 cups Gold Medal ® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12.25 ounce) jar caramel topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1–1/2 cups shredded coconut
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring between each interval. Let cool for a few minutes before whisking in the sugars until well combined.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Then whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and stir until just combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before adding the topping.
- For the topping, stir together the caramel, pecans and coconut in a medium bowl. Spread evenly over the brownies, then sprinkle all over with a little sea salt. Let set in the baking dish until the brownies are completely cooled. Cut into squares.