Add a little red, white and blue to your breakfast with these fruity, fluffy pancakes!
I can’t decide what I love most about the 4th of July! Is it the food? The fireworks? The family time? I would have to say all of the above! As an American, I love that we take a day to celebrate
our great country, our freedom, and those that serve to protect us. I love how the day begins with fun parades and ends with spectacular fireworks.
Before we head to the parade this 4th of July, we’re going to add a little red, white and blue to our breakfast by making these perfect Patriotic Pancakes.
Strawberries and blueberries add a little red and blue to some of the fluffiest buttermilk pancakes I have ever eaten. They’re simple yet special and can certainly be served all year round. I have no doubt these pancakes will put a little sparkle in your step on the morning of the 4th.
Have a safe and fun 4th of July! Enjoy!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk just a few more times to combine.
- Stir in the melted butter. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in the blueberries and strawberries.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes while heating the griddle to medium heat.
- Ladle the batter onto the hot griddle. Flip pancakes once the uncooked side starts to bubble, about 2 minutes. Let cook another 2 minutes or until pancakes are browned on both sides. 6. Serve with warm syrup, more berries, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or a dollop of whip cream.