Add a little red, white and blue to your breakfast with these fruity, fluffy pancakes!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk just a few more times to combine.
- Stir in the melted butter. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in the blueberries and strawberries.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes while heating the griddle to medium heat.
- Ladle the batter onto the hot griddle. Flip pancakes once the uncooked side starts to bubble, about 2 minutes. Let cook another 2 minutes or until pancakes are browned on both sides. 6. Serve with warm syrup, more berries, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or a dollop of whip cream.