Oven-Fried Barbeque Chicken is an easy and tasty way to bake chicken that’s crisp on the outside, super moist on the inside and full of barbeque flavor!
We live in Texas so BBQ is a given and we love it! Brandon can grill or smoke meat with the best of them, so we definitely eat our fair share during the nicer months of the year. Which here in Dallas, that pretty much means year-round!
When Brandon’s traveling or coming home late from work and I’m not brave enough to fire up the grill without him, I bake our barbeque in the oven. And this oven-fried barbeque chicken makes for a winner of a quick dinner!
Oven-Fried Barbeque Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main
Oven-Fried Barbecue Chicken is an easy and tasty way to bake chicken that’s crisp on the outside, super moist on the inside and full of barbeque flavor!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit a baking rack on top of the pan. Spray the baking rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush each side of the chicken breasts with about 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce. Place the flour, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts and toss the bag around until the chicken breasts are completely coated in the flour mixture. Shake off any extra flour and place the chicken on the prepared baking rack. Spray over the coating with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is crispy browned and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with barbeque sauce.