This marvelous Muffin Board will make everyone happy with a variety of mini muffins and fresh fruits to choose from. The One-Bowl Muffins (Many Ways!) recipe is so easy and lets you bake several different muffin variations at once.
It’s almost Mother’s Day so let’s treat mom to some muffins! For Mother’ Day or any day, this Muffin Board is a beautiful and delicious breakfast spread to serve to your loved ones. I’ve been so eager to create a muffin board for a while now because we’re a muffin-loving family and I knew we would all enjoy it. And that we did…
I wanted the board to have a variety of muffins for everyone to choose from, but I didn’t want to have to bake several different muffin recipes so I developed this One-Bowl Muffins (Many Ways!) recipe. The recipe makes 24 mini muffins and you can add whichever muffin mixings you know your family will enjoy! See the recipe at the bottom of this post.
We used 8 different add-ins and just simply pressed them into each mini muffin cup after the batter was divided evenly among them. The muffins, baked as is, are tender and perfectly sweetened so they would taste great on their own, but the add-ins are so fun and really taste great with such a simple muffin batter base.
From sprinkles to fresh fruits to a cinnamon-sugar swirl, the add-in options are endless. The kids have loved making these muffins and the recipe is so easy that they can pretty much make them all by themselves, with me proudly supervising. For this batch, we used sprinkles, blueberries, chopped strawberries, chocolate chips, raspberries, cinnamon-sugar, chopped banana and chopped pecans. Just use what you have on hand and they’re sure to be delicious.
When adding the mix-ins, simply press a few down into the muffin batter with the end of wooden spoon or chopstick and then gently press a few into the top of the muffin batter so they’re still sticking out a bit. If you’re adding cinnamon-sugar, sprinkles or another dry add-in, just spoon a little on top and use the end of the spoon or chopstick to swirl it down into the batter. They bake up beautifully in just about 15 minutes.
To make the board extra special, we cut some of the strawberries into heart shapes. Watch this video to see exactly how to cut the strawberries into heart shapes…
With the variety of muffins down the middle, a beautiful selection of berries on either side of them and some yogurt with chunky granola and honey to make a parfait, this muffin board is breakfast at its best. We enjoyed it so much! Everyone got to try 3-4 different mini muffins and we all voted on our favorites while eating fruit and a little yogurt parfait along with them. So much fun and yum!
We used our 18″ x 12″ walnut wood board to build this muffin board on. You can purchase it at BoardsByTheBakerMama.com. These are the mini jars we used for the honey and fruits. This is the honey dipper I love! I got the heart-shaped serving bowls from Sur La Table, but I don’t think they carry them anymore. Here are some heart-shaped serving bowls I found on Amazon.
I hope this inspires your muffins with mom on Mother’s Day morning or muffin enjoyment on any morning. It’s simple yet deliciously memorable. Would be perfect for a baby shower, wedding shower, brunch with friends, morning playdate, or just breakfast with the family.
I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this Muffin Board as much as we do. If you do recreate it, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see! I just love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the recipes and ideas I share.
This one-bowl muffin recipe is so easy and lets you bake several different delicious muffin variations at once.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Add-in options: blueberries, raspberries, chopped strawberries, chopped banana, chocolate chips, sprinkles, cinnamon-sugar, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Make a space in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg and milk. Whisk until just combined.
- Gently whisk in the melted butter until the batter is well combined.
- Scoop batter evenly among prepared mini muffin cups, filling each one a little over halfway full.
- Press a few add-ins down into the muffin batter of each muffin cup with the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick and then gently press a few more into the top of the muffin batter so they’re still sticking out a bit. If you’re adding cinnamon-sugar or another dry add-in, just spoon a little on top and use the end of the spoon or chopstick to swirl it down into the batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container.
This marvelous Muffin Board will make everyone happy with a variety of mini muffins and fresh fruits to choose from.
- On a 18″ x 12″ wood board or serving tray, arrange the muffins down the middle. Place the yogurt in a serving bowl to the right of the muffins and place the granola in a serving bowl to the left of the muffins.
- Pour honey into a small serving bowl with a spoon or honey dipper for drizzling. Place the honey next to the yogurt on the board.
- Put the raspberries, blueberries and blackberries in small serving jars or bowls on the board. Arrange the strawberry hearts in several spaces across the board.
- Serve and enjoy!