You’re definitely in for a treat with these cookies! Simply put, they’re AMAZING!!!
Just looking at them makes me want to preheat my oven and start baking another batch since the last few batches I baked sure didn’t last long! 😉
I combined two of my favorite flavors, mocha & mint, and boy do they belong together. These cookies are crisp around the edges and fudgy in the middle with a strong mint beginning and a mild coffee finish. The coffee definitely comes through, but it’s mainly used to intensify the chocolate flavor so that it still dominates the mightiness of the mint in every bite.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons high-quality ground coffee
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 28 thin mint candies, broken into small bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt 1 cup chocolate chips until completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds for a total of 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the vanilla. Add the ground coffee and beat on low until completely mixed in. Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and beat until well combined. Stir in the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and thin mint candies.
- Form dough into two tablespoon sized balls and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball of dough slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to crackle on top. Let cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.